Wednesday 29 October 2008

Compost bin


Today, Big John and I built my compost bin - or should I say, John did, with me looking on and giving instructions.


There were only three fencing panels left, so it is a single compost bin. First, John sawed off about a quarter of the fencing panels so that what remained were only 3 ft high, and easily portable, as I had to carry them back down to no. 59. He'd brought some posts so that I didn't have to use the long posts I've got which I want to save for mending the shed.


When he'd built the bin, Joe #2 came along (that's his bike you can see in the background) and asked when I was getting the sheep.


We're going to continue the back of the bin along to form a windbreak. Eventually. But for now, I'm well content, because I've marked out my territory. Now no-one can say they didn't know someone was using that patch and chuck their rubbish on it.

No comments: